Online Fundraising Pages
There are a variety of choices for how to raise funds. One of these options is online fundraising. Here are some of the benefits of online fundraising:
- You can reach family and friends across the world, and it allows them to donate from where they are, in the currency of the country they are in.
- It allows you to easily share the updates and progress of your challenge to those who are sponsoring you. Your friends, family and colleagues are more likely to sponsor you if they know why you are fundraising and how you are getting on in your quest to hit your target.
- You can set a fundraising goal and keep track of your donations – you can even add in offline donations to get an accurate overall total.
- If your donor is a UK taxpayer, your fundraising page will ask them this when they donate to it and will automatically reclaim at least 25% in Gift Aid on a donation.
- All donations and Gift Aid are collected and returned automatically to Action for Asperger’s.
- Your fundraising page may allow you to customise a ‘thank you’ message to send out automatically on your behalf when you receive a donation.
- You will be alerted every time you receive a donation on the site.
- You can easily share your fundraising page on your social media.
Setting up an online fundraising page is quick and straightforward. If you need any help, please see our guides for the platforms we are currently registered with.
- Click on ‘Start Fundraising’
2. On the next screen you will be asked if you are fundraising for a charity or your own cause. Select ‘A Charity’.
3.The next page will ask you to log in or sign up.
4.Once logged in you will need to click ‘Start Fundraising’ again followed again by selecting that you are fundraising for charity.
5.You will then be asked which charity you want to raise funds for. You will need to search for us by typing either ‘Action for Asperger’s’ or our charity number – 1148790 – into the search box.
6. You will next be asked what it is you are doing in order to set up the most relevant type of page.
7.Whichever type of event or challenge you choose you will then be asked to fill in a few more details before then creating your page.
Give as you Live Donate
- Go to https://donate.giveasyoulive.com
- You need an account to set up a fundraising page so you will need to either log in or sign up. You can log in using the button towards the top right-hand side of the screen. If you aren’t already signed up, you can click on either ‘sign up’ – also at the top right-hand side of the page – or you can just click on ‘start fundraising’ in the centre of the page.
3. If you have clicked to sign up or start fundraising, you should land on the page below. You will need to search for us and you can do this either by searching for ‘Action for Asperger’s’ or for our charity number: 1148790.
4.Once you searched for us, on the screen that comes up click on ‘support us’ and then on the pop-up click ‘continue’.
5.The next screen will ask to you to create your account. You can do this either by filling in the requested details or by using your Facebook account if you have one.
6.Once you have done this you should then get a landing page where you can choose the type of page you want to set up depending on what you are planning.
7.Once you’ve selected your page type you will be asked to fill out the event information.
8.Once you’ve completed the form and filled in all the relevant information select the ‘create page’ button at the page and your fundraising page will be complete.
- In the menu on the right-hand side of the screen look for ‘fundraisers’. You may need to click on ‘see more’ to expand the menu if it’s not immediately visible.
- Once in fundraisers, under ‘Raise money for a charity’ click on ‘select charity’.
3.To search for us type our name into the search bar.
4.Once you have selected the charity you will then be given a preview of your page and asked to type in some details about your fundraiser. You will also have the opportunity to add a cover photo to your page which reflects what you are doing.
5. Once you’ve typed in all the details click ‘create’ to finish setting up your fundraising page.