Giving In memory
Losing a loved one is always such a difficult time. We feel incredibly grateful and honoured that you are considering donating to Action for Asperger’s in memory of your loved one.
Choosing to honour your loved one’s memory by supporting Action for Asperger’s is a meaningful way to honour their memory and continue their story – creating a lasting legacy in their name.
Ways to donate in memory
- Donate through our website and let us know it’s ‘in memory’
- You can donate using the ‘donate’ button on our homepage.
- As you make your donation you can let us know the person’s name and anything else you’d like to tell us about them such as their relationship to you or why you are donating in their memory. What you would like us to know and are comfortable to share with us is entirely up to you.
- You can also let us know if you would like the donation to be a quiet, confidential one, or you would like us to honour your loved one and the donation on our website and/or social media channels.
- Set up an online tribute page
An online tribute page is a webpage set up to honour the life of a loved one who has passed away and to offer a space for friends and family to come together and share pictures, stories and memories and make a donation in their loved one’s name. Each tribute page is unique to the person whose life it celebrates.
We are set up on the giving platforms below – both of which allow for the creation of a page in memory of someone:
The following link contains details of how to set up a page in memory of someone on JustGiving: https://help.justgiving.com/hc/en-us/articles/200669471-Raising-money-in-memory-of-a-loved-one
- Give as you Live Donate
The following link contains details of how to set up a fundraising page on Give as you Live Donate: https://help.donate.giveasyoulive.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360027726071-How-do-I-set-up-a-fundraising-page-
- Collect donations at funeral and deliver/post to us
Organising a collection for us at your loved one’s memorial service is a generous and special way to honour your loved one and ensure their memory lives on.
How do I hold a funeral collection?
There are two ways to hold a funeral collection.
- Collecting donations in person
Provide envelopes – maybe to put on seats, leave on a table, or include in the order of service – that family and friends can use to make private donations. It may be possible to request Action for Asperger’s branded envelopes if you would like. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to see how we can assist you.
- Collecting donations online
For online donations, please open an online tribute page (as above) and you can use this to accept funeral donations.
How do I pay in my funeral collection?
If you have cheques, you can deliver or send them to our main office at:
Autism-Specialist Counselling Centre,
9 Darwin House,
Corbygate Business Park,
Priors Haw Road,
If you have collected any cash, we would never recommend sending this by post. You can deliver to the address above if you are nearby. Alternatively, we would suggest paying into your own account and then donating to us online. You could do this either using the ‘donate’ button on our webpage at www.actionforaspergers.org, or by bank transfer. You can email email@example.com to request bank details.
If you use one of the online giving platforms listed above, we are fully set up on these websites and so the paying of the donations to us should be taken care of by the website.