Thank you so much for considering fundraising for Action for Asperger’s. We receive no government or lottery funding and so your fundraising and donations really are vitally important to us and we are incredibly appreciative that you are thinking of supporting us. Your money allows us to provide our autism-specialist counselling service to autistic/Aspergic people and their close others who need us most.
Autism/Asperger’s syndrome are complex conditions and many people who are autistic/Aspergic, or who live closely with someone who has autism/Asperger’s syndrome, can struggle with life in a world where:
- the autistic/Aspergic person perhaps feels like they are different, or they don’t quite fit in.
- there is a feeling of a lack of understanding of their neurology (lack of understanding is something our counsellors hear about all too often!)
- there is a feeling of a constant battle to get the services and/or support that are needed and deserved.
- there may be difficulties in education leading to struggles in school, missed days, school refusal and behavioural issues.
- there may difficulties managing relationships with employers and colleagues potentially leading to difficulties maintaining employment.
These are just a few examples of the types of things people come to us feeling and/or experiencing. Our counselling sessions give them a place and a space where they can talk and explore things with their counsellor – who will always have additional knowledge and/or experience of autism to provide the understanding to help the client.